Samotna zimowa ekspedycja w Góry Momskie 2019. Pierwsze zimowe (styczeń) wejście na najwyższy (nienazwany) szczyt w Górach Momskich.
Зимняя экспедиция в Момские горы 2019, соло. Первое зимнее восхождение (январь) на самую высокую (неназванную) вершину в Момских горах (Якутия).
General information and highlights:
- The first winter ascent (January) of the highest (unnamed) peak in Momsky Mountains (Yakutia); the altitude of the peak is 2480m.
- It was a solo climb; approaching the central massif was done on old Soviet snowmobiles “burans”.
- The peak is so little known and isolated that I could not find even a single photo before the expedition.
- It was also probably the first winter exploration of the only glaciated part of the Momsky Mountains.
- The distance from the peak to the nearest village: over a 100km.
- Temperatures in valleys: down to -55 C. Temperatures while climbing: down to -40 C.
- I climbed the peak through its north-east face; the climb was somehow technical (slopes up to ≈60 degrees).
Location of the highest peak: