Samotne zimowe (koniec grudnia) wejście na Elbrus, 2017.
Зимнее одиночное восхождение на Эльбрус, Конец декабря, 2017.
General information and highlights:
- I decided to climb Ebrus solo in winter for my birthday that takes place on 30th December.
- The goal was to climb it really fast, after Christmas but before New Year’s Eve.
- The whole expedition ultimately took 2.5 days (from and back to the airport in the Mineralne Vody).
- A standard amount of time to climb Elbrus is one week (in summer).
- I had close to zero acclimatization.
- During each of six successive days before the expedition, I slept no more than 3-4 hours, including the night before the climb (due to the research workload and other factors).
- I climbed in a “standard” style, by pushing on foot from the refuge Priut at around 4100 meters. The summit is at 5642 meters.
- Despite severe lack of sleep, I was very efficient up to around 4700 meters. Above that, the lack of acclimatization set in. My walking rate decreased significantly, and I was able to summit late in the afternoon.
Location of the peak:
Gallery of Expedition Photos: